Existing Member?

adventures of a not so grey nomad

Fiesta on Isla Ometepe

NICARAGUA | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [294]

Fiesta day- a surprise birthday for Carly. Hope she hasn't seen the pinata and booze and snacks that were smuggled onboard the chicken ferry under very tricky conditions! The plan was to keep her busy having her hair straightened while some of us organised decorations and setting up. The boys from the restaurant had set up the tables and music system so it was just a case of stringing  up paper chains and stars and chinese lanterns, made from old magazines, which we had been secretly making all day. Add a few dozen balloons and some party poppers, hats and masks and the scene was set- all we needed was the party princess.She was led over to the outdoor patio area on the lakefront blindfolded and dressed up with a tiara and some fairy wings-poor Carly had no idea what was going on! It was all a huge surprise when she took her mask of and saw us there blowing  our party whistles.We had a great time-a big BBQ tea and cake and copious amounts of rum! it was very raucous but all good fun-we had so many laughs playing party games-pass the parcel and musical chairs. In fact musical chairs was so good we had another go at it! Pass the parcel was interrupted by a power cut but no problem-we all sang to make up for the lack of a music machine. It was only off for ten minutes or so.It was a great night-lots of laughs. The more mature members of the group called it a night before it got too late bearing in mind we had an early start in the morning! We left the stayers drinking and dancing-the rum was finished but there was some red wine circulating.A birthday to remember-in a beautiful location on a farm in Nicuragua beside a lake and two volcanoes around us-priceless!

 

About jilly


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.