Existing Member?

Jeff´s South America Hola! Welcome to my South American travel journal.

Iguazu Falls

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 17 July 2007 | Views [553]

It was a long haul to get here, about 24 hours on 4 different buses, but finally made it. I crashed for a night, then went to see the Brazil side of the falls first. It was overcast and rainy but still very impressive. The next day I crossed the borded into Argentinaand visited their side of the falls which was even more impressive. You can get closer and there were some nice walking trails there.

I stayed the night at a hostel in Argentina and they had a $7 all you can eat BBQ. This was not to be missed. For starters there were free Caipirinhas, then a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato, and Meat, Meat, and more Meat. It was the best quality beef I´ve had in ages, all cooked to perfection, no sauces required as the beef had so much flavour. After about half a kilo of meat, I had to get some more lettuce to wash it down.

Then back to Brazil the next day to catch my TAM flight to RIO in the rain on the day of the big plane crash here. Lucky I paid the extra for the direct flight, not the one with the stopover in Sao Paulo.

Tags: Sightseeing

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.