Existing Member?

Jeff´s South America Hola! Welcome to my South American travel journal.

USA

USA | Tuesday, 22 May 2007 | Views [422]

Hi everyone,

First stop on my trip was San Francisco and California and I've had a fantastic time. I spent 4 days in San Francisco, did a lot of walking around, went to Alcatraz, rode a Cable Car, went to the SF Museum of Modern Art and had a few beers in Haight Ashbury which is like Glebe/Newtown. SF is a great place as far as cities go, not too big, good public transport, still quite relaxed and everyone is very friendly.

Then I caught the train to Sacramento to visit my friends Greg & Tiffany and their daughter Isabelle at Fair Oaks. It was great to spend some time with them and have them show me around. I also borrowed a car and drove to Yosemite National Park for a few days which was magnificent. Did some great walks that nearly killed me.

Greg & Tiff also took me camping for the weekend to Grover Hot Springs near Lake Tahoe which was very relaxing too, but very cold at night. We had a great indian feast one night at the camp site and had 3 baths in the thermal pools.

I've had a great time in the USA. The people here are so friendly (more so than in Sydney), and the parks and facilities are great, and with the strong $AU it's quite reasonable as well. It's whet my apetite for a big road trip one day. Anyone interested?

Jeff

Tags: Sightseeing

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.