Existing Member?

Travel on Budget

Top Seven Must Have Travel Suits for Men

USA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [300]

Image Credit:styledabba.com

If you are someone who travels across the world and seven seas, you need at least seven suits to navigate for both business and pleasure. Men who are building or upgrading their wardrobe from the ground up can stick to seven classic cuts and styles to ensure that you always have the right suit to wear no matter what the occasion.

For every season (and every reason) here are the top seven must have travel suits for men according to fashion bloggers and professional stylists.

1. The Simple Suit

Attending a family function or meeting new friends? If the code is “dress to impress” consider upping your image by wearing a simple suit. It doesn’t have to be expensive to look like a million bucks and make a polished impression.

Take some style cues from Brad Pitt in “Ocean’s Eleven” where he combined neutrals in different hues and blue and white casual themed suits to create a relaxed but pulled-together look. You can pair a high end watch, jewelry or other accessories with a simple suit to contrast or keep accessories minimal for a relaxed look.

2. The Impenetrable Wrinkle Resistant Suit

A marathon trip that begins with a cab ride to the airport, checking in through security and international customs, sitting on a confined airplane for hours, emerging through the hassle and wait of claiming your bags, hailing a cab and … your client or colleagues are waiting for you to arrive for dinner. It is hard to believe a day like that could exist unless you are of course, a professional businessman who is required to travel.

If your day is going to be a long one, you need a suit that can figuratively “go the distance” not only getting you from A to B in style. You need a structured suit that is comfortable, classic in design and wrinkle resistant to arrive looking and feeling your best (assuming you survive the frustration of baggage claim).

If this sounds typical of your business travel, make an investment in at least one high quality wrinkle resistant suit. While no garment is “wrinkle free” the fabric is treated to release and prevent creases helping you look your best (even after a long day).

3. The Power Suit

                 

Image Credit: img.hipwee.com

From the boardroom to dinner, there is no beating a classic power suit to communicate professionalism, expertise and confidence. Whether you are entertaining clients in North America or meeting with business partners overseas, whatever part of the world your business takes you, the power suit is appropriate attire when you want to make an impression.

Choose a suit that has a proper canvas liner on the jacket (at least three-quarter lined) and the pants (minimum 50% lined). The lining in a quality suit gives the fabric extra structure to retain crisp lines and a polished fitted look. Power suits should be tailored (they should never be loose or baggy) and on trend color choices are typically black, deep navy blue or charcoal.

4. The Casual Suit

There is more to work than… work. If you are attending a conference or convention, dressing formally for daytime meetings is expected but when the evening comes, you may want to take it down a few notches in an outfit that is more comfortable in casual social environments. Do you want to be the one guy wearing a formal suit at the bar when all your colleagues are kicking back? It would definitely send the wrong message and being overdressed for a business social event can even make you appear unapproachable.

The casual suit is constructed of a lighter weight material and can be mixed and matched with a variety of color options and accessories to create a fashionable look. Trending right now for nightwear are casual suits that feature iridescent fabrics that are fun and stylish but tailored to fit properly.

5. The Non-Suit

Sometimes a suit is not required, but you can combine a quality sports jacket with some great casual or dress pants to create your own unique look. Choose a looser fitting neutral colored sports jacket and combine it with white pants and a white shirt and scarf for a high-style “non-suit” look that will get you complimented.

Experiment with different shirt color combinations to find a few that work well, and remember to coordinate both the belt and your shoes in the same hue to cultivate a neat look.

6. The European Suit

If you have been working out at the gym and maintaining the shape that is best flattered by the slim, tapered fit of a European suit, congratulations (we aren’t jealous… much). For an individual who is fit a European styled suit is a slim and exceptionally tailored fit that accentuates the male form and communicates high style.

This type of suit is ideal for a night out, art or music events and it is the business uniform of choice for men employed in the arts, creative, music or entertainment fields. If you want to communicate a young, vibrant and confident personality, get fitted for at least one high quality European suit. Pair the euro-suit with black patent shoes and accessories that grab attention. It’s all about looking good.

7. The Vacation Suit

                  

Image Credit: 3.bp.blogspot.com

Even when packing for a vacation, you should consider that there may be opportunities to dress more formally. At the same time, if you are heading toward a hot tropical destination, wearing a power suit could make you feel out of place when surrounded by people rolling up their sleeves and pants and walking barefoot around the resort.

If you have an evening or two where dress up is required, consider packing a quality vacation suit. Many men prefer the comfort and leisure vibe of a linen fabric suit. Remember to avoid pairing a linen suit with a linen shirt as layers of loose fitting materials can look sloppy.

If you are a new graduate or gentleman just starting to build your professional wardrobe, we hope the guidelines will help you purchase seven great outfits for any occasion. Put your best foot forward by wearing the right suit for the right occasion and consider shopping conveniently for online tailored suits; it can save you both time and money.

 

Tags: travel must haves, travel suits, vacation

About jessy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.