Existing Member?

Thailand!!!

PAI

USA | Monday, 19 April 2010 | Views [254]

The highlight of my trip....we were able to do many cultural activities and hang out on an organic self sestaining farm. Sabrina hooked us up with a friend of hers that has commited to helping grow this farm. Areil is now our friend and an over grteat guy. We stayed in bamboo bungalows...hung out at a hot springs. Natural springs that have the mud you pay lots of money at the spa for...so fun we all covered ourself in it and transformed into tribal peoples. The springs are boiling hot and smell of sulfur...we hard boiled eggs directly in the spring!!!

Greg and I helped the first day we stayed there and planted pumpkins using elephant dung as fertilizer...that day we also shopped in a traditional Thai market not one catering to tourist..Sandot the farm owner showed us around and we purchased veggies to supplement our dinnerthat we cooked on small traditional wood burning stoves....It was so great cooking...It's funny the everyday things we often hate doing you miss so much while traveling.....everyone at the farm chips in it's acctually really great!

so now I know how to use a machetti and can make all eating utinsles needed for a meal. we all traveled to the forest and hiked to the spot near the river where we set up shop! Sandot showed use that river water could be drank by digging a hole inwhich the sand could filter the water...not the best tasting but served it's purpose....the bamboo forest was mainly plant, trees, bamboo of course and red bettles that crawled everywhere and daddy long leg spiders....the spiders where everywhere and climbed on you and the log where we where cutting I'm sure some are missing some legs due to their kamakazze climb on everything ways....

Pai continued soon.....

About jessik


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.