Existing Member?

Eurotrip 2012 1 day in Sydney, 3 days in Paris, 3 days in London, 14 night Europe Contiki, 3 days in Abu Dhabi.

Flights...

FRANCE | Saturday, 15 September 2012 | Views [277]

After two shorts flights we made it safely to Sydney and travelled the short distance to darling harbor to our hotel. Sleep.

We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel then wandered around darling harbour including a trip on the monorail. Cupcakes, coffee and hot chocolates held us over for a game of bowling and arcade fun. Showers and dinner then what felt like an eternity taxi ride to the airport to check in for our flight to Paris :-)
Easy breeze through security and customs and a long wait for our flight... Let's hope these flights are not too bad...
Flight number one, 14 hours. Mostly we slept so it wasn't too bad. Food was good, seats were the usual size and movies were pretty recent which is a good thing when ur looking for something to do!
We arrived into Abu dhabi airport at 6am local time and by the time we got off the plane, had something to eat (maccas - which was crap) and wandered through the small amount of shops in our area, it was time to get back on another plane for our last leg - 7 hours. Darryl, we were on A340? 2 engines on each wing, BIG planes!!
We finally made it to Paris and as we were landing we were discussing how it had been more than 24 hours since we had taken off, not to mention close to 30 since we'd showered! We collected our bags and found our way to our transfers. The others went towards Disney land and me towards our hotel in Paris city. Nice little hotel! Looking out our window I can see the arc de triomph :-)
After along hot shower I went for a walk to the arc,lined up and went up the top. What a view, and yes, first glimpse of the beautiful tower <3
I wore a jacket cos I felt a little chilly in the room, but was sweating under the sun on the roof terrace. I wandered around up there for 10 minutes or so, watched the champse and the traffic then headed down. Mum, Matthew you would both be proud, I strolled through the gift shop but didn't buy a thing! Lol.
I walked around the streets a little more but was extremely tired so I decided to find a shop with water and a restaurant to eat. By this time it was close to 6 anyways... Not that you'd know by the sun! I got a table at a little corner place, ordered lasagne and coke and it was out in no time! Scoffed it down, got told by the waiter I was very pretty (I think he's delusional, I just got off a 24 hour flight, I'm pretty sure I look like crap, but thanks, haha) and I was back in the room watching the only English channel on tv (sports mostly, and crap) and can feel my eyes getting heavier. Early to bed, if the sun ever goes down! Big day ahead tomorrow.

About jessicaswanson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.