Existing Member?

Next Stop......South America! Vamos! Hola Amigos! So this trip has been a long time coming! In Feb I'll be taking off on my next adventure with my dear friend Paula (aka Pow) around Sth America. I'll be writing when I can so please follow xx

Counting Down to Rio...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 18 January 2011 | Views [385]

This time in two weeks I'll be on a plane with my dear friend Pow to Rio de Janerio, Brazil!! Saude!

When I think of Brazil I think of beautiful beaches, CARNIVAL, samba in the streets, beautiful women in small bikini's (or also known as shoestrings), lots of parties, the Amazon and troublesome favelas. 

From what I have heard and read, Brazil is going to be one hell of a time and a great place to kick off our 6 month trip around the South American continent.

For our first stop we'll be staying in the heart of Rio in a backpackers 300 metres from Copocabana Beach. Sounds like a pretty good start! We'll stay there for few nights before slowly making our way north to Salvador to go to the world famous week long party known as Carnival! Friends who have been in the past have recommended that I go to Salvador for Carnival and not Rio. Although you always dream of going to Rio for Carnival to see all the glitz and glamour, Salvador sounds like it will be an amazing experience with over 1 million people hitting the streets and blocos for parties everyday for 8 nights.

Aside from all the parties, Pow and I intend on travelling through Brazil for roughly 5 weeks exploring the coast, some inner coastal suburbs and Iguazu Falls.

Crossing the border into Argentina at Iguazu Falls, we will then travel down to Buenos Aires to set up camp for a month or so to scrub up on our espanol at Spanish school and really experience with Argentinian way of living - with the backpacker twist.

Our travel plans beyond living in Buenos Aires are very loose, however we do intend on visiting most of the South American countries including Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru and Columbia.

We have some ideas on what we want to do and where we want to go however we are leaving it open so we can have the freedom to change our itinerary depending who we meet and the places that our fellow travellers recommend to us. 

This is going to be the time of our lives and I'm really looking forward to sharing it through this blog.

Talk soon

Jess

xoxo 

About jessica184


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.