Existing Member?

World Tour Jesse and Justine decided on this trip to see the world before it's too late and life takes a hold of them.

Hoh Chi Minh City (Saigon) & Mui Ne

INDONESIA | Monday, 22 June 2009 | Views [630]

On the 19th of June we arrived very tired into the hectic city of Hoh Chi Minh which is the new Saigon. It is buzzing to say the least. Population 3 million, population on scooters= 2.97 million! Crazy to say the least. You cant wait for a break in traffic to cross the road you just have to take your life in your hands and go for it. After a long 13 hrs on a shit bus and a couple of hours flying we decided to shout ourselves a nice place for the night. We crawled into bed and fell straight asleep for a good 4 hrs. Bliss. Once sleep was taken care of we had some dinner. I was so excited to finally have my fav soup of all time, Pho Bo. It's a beef noodle soup with heaps of fresh mint and chilli. Love it. Can honestly say I am addicted. I have one everyday at least! I also tried to local Rum which is awesome. Really sweet with a strong lime flavour. Jess is on to the Saigon beer. We went out for a few drinks and got up early the next day (ok well hang on Jess got up early...) to pick Callum Jess's brother up from the airport. He is here with us for a week. We then jumped on a bus and took what was suppose to be a 4 hr bus trip (ended up taking 6.5hrs) down to Mui Ne. It's a small but flash surfing town. The boys wanted to come here for the kite surfing. I am here for the day spa's. 90 min full body massage for $10 US. Bring it! One thing I have noticed so far is that the Vietnamese don't seem all that friendly? We'll see if that changes. From here we are going to explore the war in Saigon.

Tags: kitesurfing, massages, pho bo soup, vietnamese rum and saigon beer.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.