Existing Member?

World Tour Jesse and Justine decided on this trip to see the world before it's too late and life takes a hold of them.

Bali, Indonesia

INDONESIA | Thursday, 30 April 2009 | Views [697]

Jimaron Bay setting

Jimaron Bay setting

Finally we were on the way to Bali, and with only six hours travel time to get there we were all pretty excited, particularly at the fact that we could leave Padang and KL behind us.

Justine and I weren’t sure what to expect but Jimmy and Kat have both been there before, Jimmy several times so they could ease us into the place. During the stopover in Jakarta we grabbed a few beers in celebration of Jimmy and Kat being better and us being closer to Bali (and away from Padang). And then we were in Bali. This time there were no porters to pinch our bags (and money) and no heckling as it was only a domestic flight and we figured those guys would be focused on the International terminal.

At the airport we booked our accommodation and then hit the road into Legian, part of the Kuta/Legian area of Bali. Once we were at the hotel, Sinar Bali Inn (a cheaper place with good air con and a decent pool, although we found that the pool bar was closed, despite the tourist beauro saying otherwise). We then grabbed an awesome feed at Posers, an English pub in Legian main drag, and called it a night.

The next few days were all a bit of a blur but we had a ball. Jimmy and I got a good wave in at Ulu Watu. Ulu’s has a few left hand breaks, that beak at different tides, but all are top quality, although it gets really crowded. 

We grabbed a feed at TJ’s, one of the local Mexican joints, which offers up excellent grub. The following day we all slept in and then Jimmy and I hit up one of the local pub’s to catch the footy, while the girls went on a shopping spree. That night we grabbed an awesome feed at Jimbaron Bay, where the resturaunts are all on the water front and an awesome array of seafood is dished up.

Sunday was a rest day for all concerned and we soaked up the rays before grabbing a feed in Legian.

The next day we made the mission to Nusa Lembogan, an Island Paradise just off the coast of Bali.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.