Existing Member?

My international travels

Beach Paradise?

THAILAND | Saturday, 6 December 2008 | Views [239]

Right now I am sitting in a beautiful open air resaurant. It also serves as the lobby and internet cafe at my current hotel. If I look up I see palm trees and cocnuts all around. A hundred meters in front of me is the ocean. I can hear the calm, yet loud waves crash the here the force of the water pulling back and the sand and sea shells. I'm at Hornbill Bungalows on Ko Payam, Thailand. This is a small island and is not crowded. Most of the time on the beach we can only see a few people in the distance. Occasionally someone will walk by. Everything is so layed back. Crabs are constantly making geometric designs in the sand. I'm having a wonderful time. Chuck and me are renting a bungalow and you can literally see the ocean right out the window.

It is so nice to finally relax. It has been go go go since we left Pai. We took at 3 hour bus down the windiest mountain in the world. Then took a 9 hour overnight bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. From there we spent a few hours in Bangkok then got on an 8 hour train to Chumphon. We got a few hours of sleep there and then took another bus to Ranong for 2 hours than got on a 2 hour ferry to Ko Payam. It was a lot.. but this island is just amazing and worth it. We will be here for 5 days.. we think. But things continue to change as life continues to happen.

About jeseka_jordan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.