Existing Member?

My international travels

Living at an Ashram

INDIA | Friday, 24 October 2008 | Views [336]

For the past week I have been at the ashram. It has been a very internal and personal week. Most of my experiences have been limited to the 28 people in my course and the many volunteers at the Ashram. Practicing this much yoga in such a structured environment has been intense. It brings up a lot for everyone. I have felt challenges in simply living in such close quarters with everyone and never being alone for very long. I'm learning how to let grudges with people, and little things go. I think that is the hardest thing. Some people are having really personal experiences of letting things go, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The practices bring up so much. It is kind of like therapy, but at a much deeper level. People cry here and there all the time. --but it is all positive and transformative. My body feels so strong. I have been fortunate enough not to get sick. Diarhea goes around a lot! There are often snakes. october is the most snaky time of the year. They caught a viper the other day. Some of the most poisonous snakes in the entire world.

I am having a wonderful time!

I posted some pictures. Take a look!

About jeseka_jordan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.