Existing Member?

A permanent traveler

heart beats for UK.

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [135] | Scholarship Entry

I was 20 when I had to travel with plane alone. Came to London alone on April 2013, it was my very first time flying alone so I got a little confused at airport, even when the plane was transit, keep asking on my own heart what should I do? how long the plane would transit?
Fly with the cheapest airline on expedia, I transit at Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam.
18 hours sat on plane was so fun. I met lot of new people. One of them is old Grandma about 70 years old who traveled with her daughter. She spoke Melayu.
After 18 hours on plane, I finally arrived at Heathrow International Airport. Lack of fluently speaking English British made me so nervous when the immigration asked me about the purpose of visited London, but fortunately I could answered clearly.
My mom who went to London previous week ago gave me about £30 for transport from airport to hotel.
With only £30 on my pocket, I had to reach Hilton Hotel within distance approximately 20km from Airport.
I decided to use Heathrow Express with cost £20, only £10 left on my pocket, certainly not enough to call a cab.
With a bit of confusion, I just follow the hallway from the ticket sales to the train station, carrying 2 backpacks and 1 suitcase 20kg.
Finally arrived at Paddington station, I follow the way, asked to security about the road and finally I reach the hotel by walk about 15minutes from station to hotel.

Non stop journey...
I continue my journey after 18 hours on plane, to Tower Bridge, iconic symbol of London, next stop, Trafalgar Square, and must visit store, the famous depstore, Harrods (just for taking photos anyway). LOL.
I finish the journey at London for one day because the next day i had to move to Edinburgh city by train.
In my opinion, Edinburgh city quieter than London.

I love British people. i love their English accent. I love how they appreciate and proud of their nation. 'Tea time' culture, friendly people, yummy food, goods with affordable prices.
Since that day, i decided to insert "travelling all around the world" into my future list.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About jesbojesbo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.