Existing Member?

ThereAndBackAgain "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

On my way back again

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 21 March 2009 | Views [714]

Here I am sitting with a nice cold glass of wine the evening before I head of back to Algeria again. Little did I know when I named this blog that There and Back Again would actually happen so often! This is now my third trip to Algeria.

As usual I am staying overnight at my friends, K&B, near Heathrow before and after my travel trip. Thanks guys! This time the boys are of out for a family dinner and I have the place to myself. So my feet are up and the wine is being enjoyed and I am playing with my new eeePC. It will be my last alcohol for 3 weeks after all :) The eeePC was what I was looking for last March before my boat trip but they weren't really available then and I was quite frustrated at not being able to find what I wanted and needed for travel computing. When several folks came on the boat with them I was really envious - I'm quite the early adopter really !

I feel much more confident this trip about my French and am looking forward to seeing how it holds up. This past month I have taken time to have some 1-2-1 face to face French lessons to improve my confidence at speaking and my ability to comprehand others. I just hope it has worked and that Ahmed hears the difference. I feel I have really made that effort and now it needs to be put into practice.

 

About jes2007


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.