Existing Member?

World_Tour

Poland

POLAND | Wednesday, 12 December 2007 | Views [846] | Comments [1]

Ok so Poland was a mess. We are the worst planners ever! The address and phone number for my friend John whos place we were going to was in my email and we expected to hop on the internet at a cafe or something in Poland but they didnt have any cafes. No one in the back country of Poland where we were speaks English so we were hopeless. We ended up going to the nearby college campus to look for internet and because I knew John lived next to Dorms of a campus. Turns out we were 1 block from his place. A very nice guy from the dorms helped us out a lot! Saved the day. We used his internet to get the address and he took us there. After trying to speak to Johns father in law who spoke no English we managed to call John and get more info. Turns out John wasnt at home for his party. The party was in a town that was a 3 hour bus ride away. But the super hero from Poland came back and offered us a ride which would only take 1 hour. So eventually we end getting to this bed and breakfast where John and his family were staying and having the party. It was a in a town called Zdjar which had a population of about 8. Seriously. They had ponies and big dogs. It was cool. The short version of the experience ther is..lots of kids, lots of meat (i mean meat for every course and in every dish including breakfast), and lots of drinking. We drank Bison Urine liquor and home made wine. After getting trashed and eating more meat then Ive ever eaten in my life we picked up an array of instruments like occordians, guitars, harmonicas, moroccas, pianos blow horn thingie mabobbers, etc. Great time but it was impossible to get out of Poland form this town. We ended up staying an extra night at someone elses house in Sczechinek and drank the home made wine and hung out with great people. Alex left his camera at this house on accident. He also broke there plant. Now hes carrying the plant to every country to take pictures with it. Again these are all the short versions of my stories. When we left we were trying to go through Berlin again to Prague. We had to make a switch of trains in Angermunde but the information lady never told us and the ticket didnt say so. So while I was watching a movie on the ipod Alex was sleeping and the train turned around back to Poland. We realized what went wrong when customs stamped us again. So we got off at a special train station with the Customs officials and hopped on the next train back to Germany with them. Thank god. It felt wierd hangning out with Polish/German police who we could barely understand. Anyways, evetually we made it to Prague.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Sounds like a good crazy time :) It's not Bison Urine liquor by the way, it's vodka and the strand of grass inside it was supposedly peed on by a Bison :D

  Agnieszka Mar 6, 2008 1:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.