Existing Member?

Long service is great

Batu Ferrengi

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 30 December 2008 | Views [420]

We spent xmas at Bayview Beach resort on the small strip of beach about 20 kms from Georgetown. Mary, (who I flatted with many years ago in Melbourne) and her family were booked into an other resort closeby for Xmas. Her husband, John has recently been transferred to Kuala Lumpa, we will catch up with them again later this trip. The beach is somewhat disappointing with jellyfish in the sea, jet skis, parasailing, riding funny things behind speed boats etc. However it was good to have a change of pace and enjoy the 4-5 star experience. The buffet breakfast was amazing with huge selections of Indian, Chinese, American, English, Malay etc. But after three mornings I was over it!!

We spent a quiet Xmas day, a huge buffet breakfast followed by a huge buffet breakfast shared with Mary, John and the girls, Emily and Lorna. Later we went for a Sunday drive and it was interesting to see that the high rise resorts and accomodation quickly gave way to jungle and small village. Between Batu Ferrengi and Georgetown was built up.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.