Existing Member?

Welcome Jenny Teacher! "The reward is the journey"

Mother Nature @ Lake Naivasha

KENYA | Thursday, 22 July 2010 | Views [392] | Comments [1]

Hell of a journey!  Happiness, adventure, free as birds, mudbaths, cactus, banana trees, mangoes, pineapples, avocadoes, tents, hotspring showers, camel rides, canoes, hippos, bridges, rivers, fun, tusker's, Principal Francis and Deputy, Fred & Steve from Ukwala, Christina and Everlyne, Hellen, Margaret, Milly & Mary!  The people we have met we will never forget!

Al and I are in shock that the trip is winding down to it's final leg.  The last few days were spent joining safari tours (which are far too overpriced here by the way!), but we always manage to have the most fun with the fewest $$

Zebras, buffalo, giraffe, flamingos, rhinos, amazing birds, monkeys, amazing landscapes & feel good company.  Nakuru National Park was made quite the experience as we were paired up with Mama Jane and daughter Aria of Indiana singing and dancing with our heads out the roof belting out Sound of Music songs at the top of our lungs.  Completely surrounded by the beautiful mountains of the Rift Valley - just breathtaking!  Faraha sana!

After our day long adventure we were dropped off at Fisherman's Camp at Lake Navaisha - an Australian headquarters for campers/tourists.  It felt as if we had stepped outside of Kenya - with Tracy Chapman surround sound on an oudoor cozy seated patio, an outside pizza oven, running water, flushing toilets, Tuskers, TV's and peaceful mzungus everywhere.  

So we got up bright and early and rented some bicycles and set out to explore Hell's Gate.  What an adventure!  Hopping off our bikes to get closer to the wildlife, climbing threw the waterflooded gorge (where The Tomb Raider was filmed!) with Californian tourists and their Masaai tour guide only to ditch them halfway threw opting for an outdoor shower in the hot Springs waterfall ~ absolutely amazing!! 

Climbing our way back up to our bicycles only to stop and look back at the replica of the Pride Rock scene from the Lion King.  Glorious day. Taking our time on the way out of the park to enjoy the beautiful rock mountains & soak up the wildlife before heading back to camp. 

And here we are back in Nairobi after two relaxing & enjoyable days on the road.  We are safe, we are happy, and we are heading out this afternoon to do some decorating of the school walls at SEED Junior Acadamy ~ spice it up a little for the kiddies!

Thanks for reading and some food for thought written by the great Lao-Tzu:

In dwelling, live close to the earth
In thinking, keep to the simple
In conflict, be fair and generous
In governing, don't try to control
In work, do what you enjoy
In family life, be completely present.

When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.

Comments

1

Sounds simply amazing. Love you Jenos :)

  Amy Jul 23, 2010 5:21 AM

About jennifer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.