Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

A variety of experiences!

GERMANY | Tuesday, 20 June 2006 | Views [355]

One thing that I have seen here that was hilarious was the day we all went on the pub crawl of the beer gardens and 300 of us at a time tried to pack onto a two carriage tram. The people on the tram did not know what had hit them. One packed in like sardines the chants started up loud and proud except both end of the tram started their own chants and it became a competition to see who could convince most of the tram to sing with them.

Groups of Aussies chanting/singing aussie songs is a very regular occurence and can been seen and heard anywhere anytime. There is no doubt everyone knows we are here. Like the little town just outside of Stutgart yesterday which received the arrival of two charted trains of us aussies and numerous buses to watch the Socceroos train. It was a sight to behold. Two whole trains just for us. The trains were equiped with a disco carriage complete with bar, DJ and disco lights. No wonder there were police everywhere at the Munich train station last night when our trains rolled back into town and a train full of drunk aussies clambered off about 12:30am.

So far the most significant injuries I have seen on our tour are from a couple of guys who swam in the lake at our previous campsite we had and ended up with their feet/legs in bandages and on crutches because something in the lake infected a scratch they had on their legs.

The Samba party was a lively afair. Although I was sick as a dog and probably should have stayed in bed, I went anyway to see what it was like. Hardly any Brazilian's turned up but the Aussies still made a party of it thanks to the Brazilian on-stage entertainment of singers and dancers. The setting was a large hall much like a banquet hall you would see in a palace.

The Brazil game was obviously disappointing from the point of view of the result but it was an experience anyway. The stadium has to be one of the best football stadiums in the world. I though we could of snatched a draw but it wasn't to be. The German lady sitting next to me was a bit confused as to why I was so quiet most of the game, but I was feeling quite ill still.

There wasn't much to the socceroos training session as it was only a recovery session but the train ride was worth it. We had beds for the 8 hour return trip which gave us the best rest we have had in days.

Unfortunately I cannot upload photos here at the camp so they will have to wait till the weekend unless I go somewhere else. Anyway, a couple of free days now before the crunch match against Croatia. I can't wait for that and to get out of these tents!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.