Existing Member?

Life is an open book.

Good day turned bad than great.

SWEDEN | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [204] | Scholarship Entry

It was freshman year of college and we had just started our trip three month study abroad in Sweden. My roommate and I had decided to go to England because I had never been. There were two airports in Gothenburg and there were two opinions for getting to the one we need to go. It was by bus because we didn't have international license or by a cab but as I mentioned before we were college kids and funds limited. So it took us up to two hours to get there by bus but we were excited and didn't care. We had gotten there a couple of hours early and decided to get lunch. After lunch we went to go check in and realized we were at the wrong airport. So then ran out the door looking like some crazy lunatic and hauled the first cab we saw asked to take us to the other airport. So we got there with time to spare but our flight was delayed for thirty minutes. Plane problems is all they would tell us so we were happy the plane was delayed so we could make it there in time. So a hour pass and still no boarding. After two hours we go talk to the customer service and they say we're so sorry but your flight is delayed until tomorrow and we can give you money for food. But since we had class two days later we just asked for a refund and had to pay for an extra bus ride home. So we get home mad, sad and bummed about our trip so instead of sitting in our room all night watching family guy with Swedish subtitles we went to the bar to drink our misery away. At our now to be usually spot the bartender knew about our trip and asked what happened. Told him the long story he poured us a drink and said it was on the house. We got a little bit happy but still bummed. But then the guys next to us started talking to us and asked what was wrong told the story again and they started laughing. So me and my roommate were like what the heck? Why are you laughing at us? They said while we've been to England you didn't miss out on anything. Did I mention this was said with very English accents. So the good was a trip to England. The bad was all the crazy stuff we went to get there and it be cancelled. The great was finding our new English buddies for the next three months.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About jencastro


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.