Existing Member?

European Adventure

Brighton

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 16 June 2009 | Views [256]

After a rushed trip to the station, Stace and I got on the train to Brighton on Friday 12th June. It only took about 1 hour. It was my first weekend out of London since I'd arrived so I was really looking forward to it. Walking down the road to our hostel all you could see was the ocean it was great. Our hostel, the Seadragon was quite good for what we paid! After craving fish and chips on the way there, we met up our friend Cass who had also come down to Brighton. We went to a place that the guy at the hostel reccommended, a bit overated, but still nice. Saturday was a beautiful day. We met with Cass and another friend Hayley, who had come down that morning, and walked along the beach and the pier. The pier was not as nice as it could be. It was filled with fast food and rides and games for children. We wondered around the streets looking the boutique shops. We really needed to sit down so we hired two deck chairs on the beach. The beach isn't sand either, its pebbles. Not all that comfortable to sit on. We also got a couple of jugs of Pimm's and just sat on the beach watching the world go by. For dinner we decided to go the Jamie Oliver's restaurant. After waiting quite a while, an hour, we had the most delicious meal. Breads, dips, pasta, dessert and wine. It was definately worth the wait. Sunday morning Stacey and I got breakfast at at cafe down the road and ate it sitting on the deck chairs on the beach, so nice. It was another lovely day as well. We met up with Hayley and Cass and just wondered around for the day. We were so lucky to have sunny weather as it made it such a great weekend away!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.