Existing Member?

Birds, they sang at the end of the day

Life near the river

SERBIA | Wednesday, 26 June 2013 | Views [300]

Sun comes out. Snow is slowly melting and ships are finally coming to rest on the dock.

Sun comes out. Snow is slowly melting and ships are finally coming to rest on the dock.

The Earth is art. The art which is not our property. This masterpiece was not created by humans or any other animals. It was guided by the instinct of survival, and all those colors and shapes of nature had only one goal. That goal is to survive.
Closing my eyes I can see the sky and water. I came near the Danube and let the river to answer to all my questions that I asked that day.  I asked about humanrace, about our intelect, about mistakes that we made. I asked what is going to happen to organisms and the Earth, what is going to happen to the water, the water that is not free anymore. The night was hard, but new day was here to come. Sun is rising on the East, shaping new siluets over Novi Sad and waves are accelerated towards the end point, hitting the coast. All animals are out, tryng to adapt their lives to the lives of humans. . 

If our survival depends on how much money we have or make, than we are on the right road, but I'm afraid it's not like that. This road doesn't lead to survival, or to better life, this road leads straight to destruction of biodiversity and destruction of Earth stabilty. Once in time, when first human kind stood on two feet, it didn't know that it had a power. It just lived, ate, left descendants. Then it found fire, found resources which could help its survival, and they did. It became hungrier and hungrier. With a wrong thought on its mind, with the thought that the Earth is primarily its, it become hungrier than ever before. Here we are now. We eat a lot. We think that we deserve more that any other animal or plant. With whole our intelligance and wisdom, we continue building skyscrapers, spreading cities, which are designed so it's almost impossilble to live and not to have car, emmiting CO2, we continue killing, deforestation, digging the surface of the Earth whenever we have the chance for it. Carried away by the idea that we can get more and more from the Earth, we looked back just in time when everything starts breaking down. 

Those are not the answers of the Danube, those are the answers that are echoing in my head while walking on the boulevard in Novi Sad, in Vojvodina, near the Danube.  

Tags: coast, docks, earth, river, sun

 

About jelena


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Serbia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.