Existing Member?

Spacetruckin'

Too much ukelele

USA | Sunday, 6 January 2008 | Views [590] | Comments [2]

Aloha from beautiful Hawaii!

Has been a fun past couple of days, let us start from our last day in LA...

After finishing off the last mammoth blog entry, we jumped on a bus that we thought was taking us to Hollywood Blvd.  Wrong!  Well, he got us kinda close, but we had a bit of a walk to get to the Capitol Records building which is where we were headed for a coupla pics.  Next we caught another bus over to Beverly Hills.  Wasn't quite as eventful as we had imagine (ie. I didn't see Britney doing any shopping - probably because she was having a standoff with the cops, but I'm sure you guys had the same news coverage as over here, all 4 hours of it!!).  Anyway, was nice to see how the other half shop - nothing that appealed to us though.  We finished our 'window shopping' and jumped on a bus back to downtown.  Got some photos of the wicked rooftop bar at our hotel and had another martini before it was bedtime.

On the 4th we had an early flight to Hawaii, we got in at around 12pm local time.  The bumpiest flight either of us have had, the plane was throwing us around for a good couple of hours, horrible.   Anyways, we landed safe and sound, and even flew over a couple of the islands and got to have a good aerial look.  Got to our hotel after about an hour and a half in the shuttle bus, seems Waikiki/Honolulu area is full of one way streets, making it difficult for the driver to get us all to our hotels efficiently.  Anyways, we got here in the end, and after dumping our super heavy backpacks, headed for a walk down to check out the beach.  Our hotel is only 1 minute walk from the beach, which is great :)  Most hotels are though.  So, we checked out some shops and had a burger around 5pmish and watched the sun set out on Waikiki beach.  So beautiful.  Bit jetlagged with the time change so we had an early night.

Yesterday we had a sleep in, then headed down for some brunch at a place on the corner called Tiki's.  It's a 2nd story place that looks over the ocean, so cool.  After a bite to eat we chucked on our bikini/shorts and went to do some sunbaking down at the beach.  Went for abit of a swim too.  Water was loverly!!  There's a big concrete wall blocking off an area of water that little ones (and people who are scared of the big ocean like me!) can swim!  Once we had enough, we went for a walk to the local mall and played some 3D, glow in the dark mini golf!!  Lots of fun, Xtian kicked my ass, but we managed a hole in one each.  Dinner last night was order in pizza, and we relaxed in our room watching telly.

And now todays update!  First up we picked up a couple of mopeds and hooned out to Diamond Head.  We did the big walk all the way to the summit (took us about 45 minutes to get up the top, and it was probably around 28 degrees!  Eek!) and got some amazing views of Oahu from up there.  Took some photos, then hiked all the way down and jumped back on our mopeds.  We decided to take my bike back because it didn't seem to be going over 30 miles and I couldn't keep up with Xtian (let alone the traffic I was holding up, haha!).  Got a gruntier bike, and luckily I did, because next we headed out to Pearl Harbour - VIA THE FREEWAY!!!  I swear it must have looked like the most hillarious thing, two obvious foreigners, cruising down the freeway on mopeds!  Haha!  It was one of the scariest moments of my life trying to cross all those lanes and balance the stupid thing at the same time!  Anyways, we made it to Pearl Harbour and checked out some of the memorials out there, all the time working up the courage to jump back on the bikes and go back on the freeway!  On the way back, we took a wrong turn, but it worked out better for us because we got to Honolulu city without having to jump on the big scary freeway.  Phew!  So, we rode along the coastline, all the way to Waikiki and parked up at the hotel to head down for another spot of sunbathing.  I think by that stage we had missed most of the sun, so after abit of relaxing at the beach, we jumped back on the bikes and headed out to the mall.  We bought ourselves a couple of ipods which we had planned to do, and now we're back at the hotel, thinking about where to go for dinner!  We have the bikes for 24 hours, so will go for another ride tomorrow morning.  So much fun cruising around on those things!  Rod, you would have been so proud of me - terrified at first, but now all I can think about is buying motorbike when we get back home!  Something with abit more grunt than a moped though, haha!

Well, we're getting hungry so I think it's time to venture back out to find some dinner.  Tomorrow is our last day on holiday, then we fly back home at 12pm local time on the 8th, so will see/talk to you all shortly!!

J & X

xx

Tags: Relaxation

 

Comments

1

Have really enjoyed following your exploits. Now you have the bug Jeanna! Looking forward to talking to you when you are back, but will let you rest first! Ciao.

  Rod the Biker Jan 7, 2008 10:18 PM

2

Thanks for the last installment Jeanna, I,m going to miss reading about all the fab things you and Xtian have been doing, enjoy your last day, I hope you have a good flight home, will talk to you soon, XOXO

  Mum Jan 8, 2008 3:58 PM

About jeannaxtian


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.