Existing Member?

Spacetruckin'

The happiest place on earth...

USA | Saturday, 22 December 2007 | Views [514] | Comments [3]

Hola amigos!  Sitting in a dark room in our San Deigo hostel for this update.  Has been a few days, but they've gone by real fast!

Monday we jumped on a tour bus which took us out to Universal Studios.  We spent a full day out there, but we probably could have done it in half the time!  Started the day with a tour of the studio backlot (even down Wisteria lane mum!!  I video'd it just for you :)  No desparate housewives to be seen though, well, none that are in the show anyway) and were disappointed to hear that the Jaws shark that is supposed to jump out of the water (and scare me sitting on the side of the tram we were in) was broken.  Nevermind, still got to see some really cool things like the minature island that they used for King Kong and the Bates Motel & Psycho house!  So rad.  After the studios, we headed back to the hostel and went out to the Rainbow again.  We had a few drinks, then headed up Sunset to the Key Club to see Metal Skool (parody glam metal band).  They played a bunch of covers and I made a total idiot of myself by not realising that John Corabi (former Motley Crue vocalist) was standing right next to me.  That's another story though, for those of you who care!  Hehe.  David Draiman from Disturbed was in the house, so got up to sing a few songs with the band.  Was a fun night, but again we had a big Tuesday so didn't stay out too late.

So, Tuesday morning we picked up our car and drove out to Anaheim for our first day of Disneyland madness.  We dropped our gear at the hotel and took the shuttle to the 'happiest place in the world'.  It's such a mad place once you get in the gates, and because it's Xmas time, it's even more OTT! Christmas carols blare over the loud speakers the whole time we walked around and of course there are a million kids, but in saying that, we had a really great time.  The first day we covered most of Disneyland Park and stayed till around 6pm, so got to see the park all lit up.  They even had fake snow falling everywhere!  It was pretty magical.  We left just as it started raining, so they had cancelled the parade and we didn't want to wait to see if the fireworks would still go ahead.  Wednesday we got up lateish (it had been a big day on Tuesday!!) and headed back over to Disneyland.  We finished off the rides/worlds that we hadn't got to on Tuesday before the rain came, and then went over to Disneyland's California Park.  This is a kinda smaller park right next to the big Disneyland.  We didn't spend too long here as I was way too terrified to go on the big rollercoaster (it was making me feel sick just looking at it!!), and the other rides were going to give Xtian motion sickness or get us soaking wet!!  So, we had some dinner at the House of Blues at Disney Downtown and headed home with full bellys and empty pockets.

Which brings us to Thursday.  We didn't have too much to do yesterday, so we drove around Anaheim abit, looking at shops and counting fast food chains.  Last night we caught a cab over to the Honda Centre for VAN HALEN!!  Woo!!  Walking in was incredible.  So much bigger than any stadium either of us have ever been in in our lives!  There must have been at least 20,000 people in there!  It would have been a sold out show, it was completely packed.  Xtian and I looked at each other when we walked in, totally shocked at how loud it was just with the crowd roaring!  So, Van Halen played all the hits as per expected, for a full 2 and half hour set with Jump as the finaly (complete with disco ball in the middle of the arena and glitter falling from the roof!).  Such an amazing night, fingers crossed the tour makes it down under!

This morning we drove from Anaheim down to San Diego, stopping along the way at Laguna Beach which was interesting.  So many massive houses, no wonder they film all the reality series here, it all seems so fake just looking at it!!  We arrived in San Diego a couple hours ago and had a beer down the road.  Our hosetl here is right in the middle of the 'Gaslamp' district which is where all the restaurants and shops are.  Seems really nice.  Tonight we'll head over to the North Island (I forget what it's called right now!) for some dinner and tomorrow we're taking a tour with the hostel down to Tijuana, Mexico.

Almost Christmas time, and there's definately no hiding from it over here.  We've seen so many elaborate xmas displays on houses, some of the are ridiculous!  They must cost the owners a fortune in electricity bills!!  Haha!  Hope everyone is well and looking forward to holidays :)

Next stop New York on Dec 24th....

J & X 

Tags: Party time

 

Comments

1

Yeh Van Halen!! That sure would've been awesome.
Gee..you'll need to return home for a holiday after the busy time you are having over there.
****MERRY CHRISTMAS****
(Talk to you tomorrow) X x x

*
***
*****
*******
*********
***********
*************
| |
-----
\ /
---


  Don & kids Dec 24, 2007 7:52 PM

2

Opps..that didn't work very well!!

  Don & kids Dec 24, 2007 7:55 PM

3

enjoying reading all this...... still think this Hi Tech stuff is amazing! hope you have taken heaps of pics! Have to fly to Melb for a weekend to hear all your tales first hand when you get back!

  rod,vanessa,shenal and logan. Dec 24, 2007 10:22 PM

About jeannaxtian


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.