Existing Member?

Return To India

trip of a lifetime

MOROCCO | Sunday, 23 February 2014 | Views [352]

Travelling to Morocco last year was my first solo trip since being diagnosed with a long term illness, which had me medically retired. Being an enthuisat photographer Morocco was with out a doubt one of the top to photograph llist. Morocco and in particular Marrakech site and í reputation had set itself out as a destination primed for photography, its energetic and vibrant culture had me waiting with baited breath for touch down on moroccan  soil with both my fujifim x10 & X100 in hand. 

To cut the chase , because of my precarious health , this whole trip had to be planned out with millitary precision , especially if I was ever to convince my wife that in certain conditions I could go it alone abroad.   My outline was simple and is as follows 

  • 10 nights in total in Morocco
  •  one day in marrakech
  • 14 hour trip to Risanni 2 nights in Risanni
  • 3 nights in the desert staying in the desert with a berber family
  • a 14 hour trip back to Marrakech
  • 3 nights in Marrakech
  • Fly home. 

To cut a long story short to make this holiday about photography I had to do what was best for me which turned out to between 3-4 . In the morning shooting and the rest of the day resting in best . To most that would constitute the waste of a holiday, but to me all it meant  i had to make those few hours shooting count.  And the  rest so that I could do the same again  the next morning. In the end I felt it was a perfect combination of rest and photography, and in my opinion the photos proved justify the means to an end. And along the way I I had plenty of moment of fun, disasters,  and unforgettable moments. 

 

If I tried to write out my whole journey it woukd take chaper after chaper to give it real justice , so as an injustice to my trip. Those moments that made my trip especially memorable turned out to Be .

  • Fuji X10 camera breaks after an accidental fall whike on a tripod on the first 
  • Next day my Remaining Fuji X100 is seized my the millitary , my silly mistake took photos of millitary base. Returned to me after 30 minutes of questioning with the deletion on photos on my card. 
  • Getting lost alone  in the desert 
  • Getting lost every day in Marrakech walking to the town, taking taxi back after being completely and utterly Being  lost on town. As a result I got of the tourist track and found the area not often listed on tourist guides 
  • Spening the night in the night in the desert under the stars, a night of which I have nev7er experienced and one I will never forget. 

I guess all in all the whole holiday was a real win. I proved that  with very careful planning I can go on photo holidays alone, and with the tips I learned on this journey can only prove beneficial and I achived all I wanted to happen. Here are a few photos from the journey.

 

 

 

 

About jeanfrancois


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.