Existing Member?

Return To India

Returning To My Parents Home

INDIA | Thursday, 25 April 2013 | Views [347]

Returning to the homeland of my parents some 41 years later, goes against every self-confessed promise I had ever made to myself as young man. However, this sudden re-examination of my one time stance of never wanting to travel back to India, now seems both illogical and somewhat regretful given that it's taken over 4 decades to realize what exotic adventures I had been missing out on.

Excited; yes, elated; getting closer: but neither emotion really goes far enough to express my true feelings as I sit counting down each second, while surrounded by the cold sterile decor of Heathrow's terminal 4 with my darling wife (Vicky), who had not been overly surprised by my burgeoning desire to return to India. After all. it was mostly inspired from within the pages of my now ubiquitous National Geographic travel magazines. Vicky had also earlier concluded that it would have only a matter of time before I had emerged from beneath the piles of travel and photography magazines, claiming to  have become a true born again Indian, and testifying how the time had come to return to India to uncover the so claimed Royal linage of the Rodrigues family.

Well I guess I am going to have to sign off for now as my seat on Kuwait airways beacons me and in now less than 14 hours I will be touching down on Indian soil with Cochin being our first stop in what I hope to be the start of something special.

Tags: cochin, holiday, india, ooty, south india, travel photography, trichy, yercaud

 

About jeanfrancois


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.