Existing Member?

India 101

woops..

INDIA | Monday, 1 October 2007 | Views [324] | Comments [2]

so i missed the dalai lama this morning.. i didnt sleep well last night - i was reading (a short history of the world) and wasn't tired, despite not getting much sleep the night before.. then it started raining as if it was just on top of the hotel - i looked outside and the sky was clear and the moon was bright, and there was just this one massive cloud overhead dumping on us.. was nice.. then i woke up in the middle of the night from an interesting powerful dream.. it ended with me writing - and my hand was just writing of its own accord at amazing speed, as fast as i was thinking - describing the dream i think : it looked familiar, the dream, like a movie version of the novel.. so i took it as a sign and turned on the light and wrote down as much as i could remember.. catscratch to look at it this morning..

anyways so i woke up at 6.15 to go to the dalai lama and just didn't feel like moving.. so i slept in instead.  he'll speak again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.. so i'm not too concerned.  i just need to see him once to make it worth my while. and since i dont have a reserved seat (no point as you can't see him even from the reserved seats except when he enters and leaves, same as if you're anywhere in the temple watching..) so i only have to be there by 8-ish to get thru security.. then there's a PA, and with my FM radio translation in one ear, and a video screen down in the non-reserved section.. so i'll be there tomorrow for sure. no cameras allowed so sorry no pictures possible ..

but speaking of pictures, i'm presently uploading to flickr.com and going to see how long that takes.. i haven't figured out how to resize, so hopefully it doesnt take too long.. but my account is jdemers26 - same as every other accounti have - so go check it out and enjoy.

spent the afternoon chatting with a kiwi-er (new zealand for those who are curious) who's primary interest of study is american politics.. go figure.. dont know if i mentioned him previously but he had been arguing with me about rudy giuliani v. bush.. so we had a spirited debate.. he's more confident than i that the system will self-correct, and also doesn't believe that bush blew up the world trade center - thinks that that would have involved a conspiracy of too many people, and that it wasn't necessary for us to go to war.. i argued nobly for my case, but we agreed to disagree.. he has more faith than i also in the morals of people in power, i.e. that among the many members of the conspiracy which would have been necessary to pull it off, at least one of them would have had a problem with it.. i of course argued that they dont seem to have a problem killing and injuring iraqi and american kids to a far greater number with war.. but anyhow we'll have to continue our debate later..

yeah i'll def. have to figure out how to resize photos as 35 of them equalled about 30% of my total allotted space.. ahh.. well i guess i have to do that individually in microsoft paint but won't take too long.. k well cheers mates! til next time.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hey Josh, not sure how to access your photos, I shall ask Amanda. jdemers26?????
So you slept through the Dali Lama's first day.......well, you needed your rest more than you needed to hear him. Exciting dreams seem to abound on the lonely planet :-)
All is well in Connecticut.. Amanda is actually coming home this weekend...yeahhhhhhhhh ...I shall miss seeing you!
Take care.....Dream on, dear Josh xoxoxoxxoLove ya and miss yaxoxoxoCheers~Donna

  donna Oct 2, 2007 4:11 AM

2

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR EVERYONE.....TO GET JOSH"S PICTURES YOU GO TO http://www.flickr.com. There will be a line there for search click people on top of the line and than type in Jdemers26@yahoo.com. Ok hope it works it worked for me.

Well bebe all i have to say is that only you would slepp threw the dali lamme. but i hope you have a great time seeing him tommorrow. I like the pictures and the people seem nice that you meet. all i have to say is take more pictures of your self. ok well love you and miss you!!!

  Amanda Oct 2, 2007 9:24 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.