Existing Member?

India 101

last day in Arambol

INDIA | Tuesday, 11 December 2007 | Views [437] | Comments [1]

So here it is.. last day in Arambol.. Greg left early this morning for Thailand via a 40 hour train to Kolkata.  it's theoretically a 30-hour train but Indian time works differently than, say, Japanese time.. so i think more like 40.. and he has no ticket also, but as you well know that's not so much of a problem..

and yeah.. so here i am.. i'm going to eat a nice fish dinner.. take a nice shower.. and possibly play some drums with some Nepalis who play guitar.. otherwise just one more night on the beach with an early morning tomorrow for the 10 oclock train.. crazy.. 3 days and i'm on a plane.. what a trip, eh? 

so i'll let you know what's up from Mumbai, then.. cheers

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Josh, I am anxiously awaiting your return to the USA. Hopefully, you will arrive sans cigarettes as you did promise that you would quit cold turkey when you went to India. As I am now oxygen dependent again, this is very important to me.
I hope you had a restful time relaxing on the beach and sipping drinks, mingling with friends new and old, and thinking about your time in India drawing to a close. Amanda is anxious to see you too. I called to ask her about coming for Christmas but she has no time off from her job and will spend Christmas with her Mom. One year soon I hope we can all celebrate together. We have to get Donna to California!! It is early morning here and I have just finished school work and setting up two chemo classes for some income. I am also applying for a new job at the cancer center. I can't wait to see you and to hear about your trip. My sense of time about the trip has been very strange. At first it seemed like you were gone forever and then time seemed to speed up and it didn't seem as if you were gone for 3 months! Did you experience a similar feeling?
Have a safe trip back. Try and post from Mumbai. Amanda says you will be "home" on Saturday. That is only 4 days away. I hope you will call me when you reach the USA.
I love you and can't wait to see you.------Mom

  Mom Dec 12, 2007 10:31 PM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.