Existing Member?

India 101

happy diwali everyone

INDIA | Tuesday, 13 November 2007 | Views [405] | Comments [1]

So i'm still in Khajuraho for a couple days more. i meant to leave this morning but didn't sleep well last night with stomach pain.. and also this morning i was in a lot of pain.. so i was going to go tomorrow but instead i think will leave day after tomorrow with lea the french girl i've been staying with and with papan.. but papan goes to mumbai to take care of some things.. and lea and i will do the whole varanasi agra delhi rajasthan trip before she goes back via delhi and i go on to goa.. at least that's the plan.

diwali was a lot of fun.. the biggest festival of all of hindustan and millions of millions of dollars (or crores of rupia) are spent every year on firecrackers and presents and everything.. since it's lakshmi and ganesh it's the best time of year to do all your big purchasing.. and also to gather together all your possessions and place them before the altar.. and the family we've been hanging out with did the whole ceremony and well.. i'll just say it was very nice.. a good party.

other than that i donno i'll keep you updated once i'm moving again..

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Hey Josh, it sounds like Dawali is quite a celebrataion. You have really had an amazing experience. Being a part of cultural ritual speaks so much. It is like a picture is worth a thousand words..
Well, continue to be safe in your travels .looking forward to the next place's adventures ~~Take care of you~ Hugs and love ~ miss you and love you Donna

  donna Nov 14, 2007 5:51 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.