Existing Member?

Catching the Moment....and beyond

Catching a Moment - Catching the Moment.... and beyond

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 21 February 2013 | Views [243] | Scholarship Entry

‘Catching a Moment’
‘An inspiring description of what it means to travel, grow as a person and the all important moment when I knew It was time to chase my dreams and embark on the beginning of my life’
2011/2012 for me, was incredible, and when I think back to all them years of travelling the world, I know that it is the reason I am the person I am today. As the saying goes ‘Home is where the heart is’, I will always knew that my heart belonged in more than one place. Even though I love Ireland and the people here, I just know that I always feel at home when Im travelling. It may sound strange and a bit weird. But if it didn’t, then It wouldn’t be me. Travelling to me, is my biggest passion in life. I never knew it until I broke out of small town Dunboyne at 19 years old, and pushed myself into an independent life down under.I have been told my many different people I’ve met around the world that I have inspired them, and it really makes me proud of myself for being able to reach people.You know that scary feeling most people have when they reach a new country, they feel out of their comfort zone, out of place, not knowing anybody or their surroundings, well, for me, that is the best feeling in the world. The feeling of a new beginning, a new adventure awaiting you, new people to meet and learn things from, new scenery to inspire you and new memories to take with you.Ive met people throughout my time travelling who simply bow to me for being brave enough to have done what I have done at such a young age. To me, It wasn’t something that big, I guess I didn’t know it until then but I was born to travel, born to explore, born to meet new people and discover new life experiences.
I remember that moment, standing on the pavement outside USIT with my mam, waiting to cross the road. I had just handed my life away to this company along with a lot of money which I had been saving. My mam turned to me and I could tell that we both realised the reality of the situation at this precise time. She said ‘Jade I can’t believe your actually going away’. This, coming from my mam who had been thinking what every parent thinks at some stage, It’s just a phase, reality will set in and she’ll change her mind. Well, not in this case. I had my mind set on escaping this place and right now it was set in stone. I just couldn’t wait to tell everybody my plans. I said my goodbyes to my mam and off I went, on a journey I would never forget, and most importantly, would change my life.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About jchantel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.