Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Canberra. In: 6th Out: 7th August 2008

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 August 2008 | Views [1029]

Well what can I say. I thought- it’s off the tourist trail really –everyone says don’t bother- so there must be something there everyone’s missing- right?

Well the caravan park was paved but pretty sh*te as far as facilities for us were concerned. I woke up feeling a bit hungover and generally tired. Deeds had got an early night and I sat reading and drinking beers and stuff.

After hunting around for somewhere to change Deed’s traveller’s cheques –we walked the mall that made up the city centre.. really..that was it..a mall!

–The Verdict: Driving through a place that looked much like Stevenage wasn’t my idea of a dream, and after little success with the travellers cheeques my resoluteness to seek out the good in this town was as low as our fuel gauge.

In a snap decision- I abandoned all ideas of seeing the Old/New Parliament, Museum of Australia, and National Gallery; in favour of a box of cheap doughnuts, a tank full of gas, a couple of ‘V’ (redbull style) drinks and another 300ks on the GPS.

It was 3pm and we were off to Sydney.

Tags: ambassador van, canbaerra

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.