Existing Member?

2007 Adventures My dream adventure - To motorcycle across the USA!

Arrived in Death Valley

USA | Saturday, 24 November 2007 | Views [473] | Comments [1]

Well after partying in Las Vegas last night I arrived safely, but with a hangover in Beatty, just on the edge of the Death Valley National Park.

So today I was going to head off to Yosemite National Park, but the forecast says it will only be 17’F (-10’c I think) tonight and the place I wanted to stay at is very elevated, at around 8000ft. So I have decided to go south through lower terrain to Lake Isabella. And the following day I will head North again and go through the Giant Sequoia National Park – home of the world’s tallest trees at 250-300ft high. After that I will head up to Yosemites. I am really looking forward to seeing Yosemite, as I have seen so much of it on TV and it just looks spectacular.

I am starting to get very tired now and finding it hard to make tracks by early morning as it is very very cold until midday. I think after Yosemites, I will just head straight over to San Francisco and take a day off riding and just look around SF. Then I will head down the Pacific Coast Highway to Los Angeles.

So now I am packed and about to blast off through the Death Valley.  It's 11:00am and its finally stating to warm up outside.

James.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

I am so jelous of you right now, you are offically living my dream except i wanna go by car, sounds like you're having an amazing time!! Keep the pictures rolling in so i can pretend i've been anywhere near as fanatstic as where you are, take care xox
pheebs

  Phoebe Nov 25, 2007 9:06 PM

About jc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.