Existing Member?

2007 Adventures My dream adventure - To motorcycle across the USA!

Arrived in Armarillo, TX

USA | Friday, 16 November 2007 | Views [781] | Comments [1]

Arrived safely in Armarillo (Texas) last night around 8:00pm after riding 330mi from Dallas.  The weather was good all the way and I was happy that the temperature actually rose somewhat as Dallas was quite cold when I left.  The ride, just like everybody said was dead boring.  The roads are very flat with long stretches of straights – but very smooth.  The only thing worth mentioning of interest is the Oil drones scattered along the road and across the land, bobbing their head up and down.  There’s hundred of them and they are much smaller than I thought they were going to be.  Today I will stop and get some pictures.  Also there were a couple of crops of Cotton, which look pretty cool with white fluffy flowers for miles – just like Cotton should look I suppose!  Looking at the map today, I have decided to make a little detour on route to the Grand Canyon and stop of at Las Vagas (New Mexico), Sante Fe and Los Alamos.  They won’t take me too much off track, but I need to get some pictures and see something.   Sante Fe sounds like it pretty interesting.  It’s elevated at 7000ft, so it will be interesting to see how cool it is at that height – as this is the same height as the Grand Canyon.   The forecast is for about 65’F (17’c I think)... which is pretty good.  I think I will then finish in Alburquerque, New Mexico, or if I am still feeling strong, continue towards the Grand Canyon on I-40 for another 70 miles.  It would be good to get to the Canyon early tomorrow.

Tags: On the Road

 

Comments

1

Hi James, thanks for the update mate. Yesterday I put my own blog on youtube. Search for formal999.

  Dad Nov 19, 2007 10:00 AM

About jc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.