Existing Member?

2007 Adventures My dream adventure - To motorcycle across the USA!

Day 12 - On the road to Savannah, Georgia

USA | Monday, 29 October 2007 | Views [399]

Well its time to leave Florida, which I have enjoyed too much - a place I can definately recommend to anybody to visit to have action packed holiday as the theme parks and attractions are truely out of this world.  Thanks heaps Amy for letting me camp for a couple of nights.  It was great to catch up again and have some laughs and scares together - I look forward to catching up again somewhere in the world.

Now I am heading off to Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina.  I am going there because it has been highly recommended as fantastic part of the State to see during Fall for the change of colours.  Its's 630 miles away and I am going to break it into 2 days, overnighting at Savannah in Georgia - which Amy assures me is beautifully classic American town with excellent examples of American architecture.  Sounds like a great place to get some photos.  Well its raining outside now, but is still very warm and humid and I am looking forward to getting out of this sticky heat into some cooler climate in the hills and yippee... twisty roads.

Orlando to Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina

Orlando to Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina

Tags: On the Road

 

About jc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.