Existing Member?

2007 Adventures My dream adventure - To motorcycle across the USA!

Day 8 - Universal Studios

USA | Saturday, 27 October 2007 | Views [320]

I spent the whole day and night at Universal Studios. The place is massive and really well decked out. The whole park is split into little towns with connecting walk roads and all the rides are in buildings out of site. They had 3D IMAX movies with integrated stage show, like Terminator which was really cool. Return of the Mummy rollercoaster in the dark. JAWS boat ride. I saw a show on how they do makeup in the movies and horror films – very cool. The whole place is little bit corny but good fun all the same. Luckily I upgraded my ticked to ExpressPlus for another $20 and this allowed me to bypass all of the waiting lines, which were up to 60mins for some rides. Because it is Halloween here, Universal had a Horror theme night last night. They closed the park for an hour and half and then transformed the whole place into a spook fest. There was heaps of spooks everywhere, half of the lights didn’t work anymore, the neon lights on the buildings where flickering, there was broken windows, smashed cars, fire in building’s... they made it look like Zombies had taken over. Very cool. Then while you are walking down a dark street, a Zoombie or monster would rush out of the smoke a scare the living crap out of you. Every corner you went around you were shitting yourself that you were going to get jumped by some evil dead looking person. The makeup of everybody was excellent and sometimes you got a good scare. They also setup 7 haunted houses, but the lines were 90mins and all the express cards were sold out. I only got to see 2 – but they were fun as well. Tomorrow I am going to the rides part of Universal called Adventure Island.

Tags: Adventures

About jc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.