Existing Member?

Mini Odyssey

St. Patrick's day at the end of the world

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 18 March 2009 | Views [369]

After finishing my blog last night I was walking back to my hotel and came across an Irish pub serving green beer, and like any self-respecting girl with some Irish heritage I stopped in!  I love that the Irish represent with pubs all over the world and that green beer is a standard on St Patty's across the world.  It united all my new friends I met last night from Australia, Isreal, Argentina, Brazil the UK and of course Ireland.  I made one Irishman show me his I.D. after claiming that his name was Patty and indeed it was!  He wanted to charge me 5 pesos for a picture, but again as a self-respecting girl with Irish descent I bought another beer.

I am going to run now and do my laundry, I was killing time before it opened.  Then I will do a 7km hike to the foot of the glacier here in Ushuaia.  After that I need to pick up my prescription sunglasses I bought yesterday, way cheaper here then in the US.  After all that I will hop on the ship and off to Antarctica tonight!

About jbaz78


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.