Existing Member?

Mini Odyssey

The Town of Tango

ARGENTINA | Monday, 2 March 2009 | Views [451]

We are currently in Buenos Aires. I have been instructed to use aliases for my girls traveling with me. So Moe and I arrived yesterday and on arriving at our hotel that Polly had picked out we discovered that there was no AC and a very lively Discoteca next door. Poppy made the executive decision to move us down the street to a more appropriate hotel for party poopers! We all love Polly and her decision. We are in a great place near Plaza de Mayor and the front desk guy just brought me an espresso seeing as it is midnight and the rest of the town is eating dinner and I am blogging while the girls are sleeping.

So in an attempt to be succinct. We arrived yesterday from Igauzu Falls. The waterfalls were gorgeous. We viewed them from both sides and I will post some photos when I get to a computer that will actually do it. I will also try downloading to facebook.

After the changing of hotels we decided to wander Avenida Florida. After being in the country less than 4 hours Moe had her wallet stolen! She handled the ordeal well. It was very annoying using a gizillion different phones in an attempt to use a US calling card and trying to call 1-800 numbers. However, we finally got the credit and debit card cancelled and figured she had less than $50 in cash. So all in all, while being annoyed we realized it was a sacrifice to the travel gods!

The one other glitch we suffered during the trip is the cold that Moe and I have both come down with. Much to our surprise the Argentinean men don´t seem put off by the sexy man voice and dry hacking cough!

Today was a wonderful day. We wandered around San Telmo, specifically the antique market. We had a super yummy lunch while we waited for the rain to stop. We than took some pictures in La Boca and had the "best" steak and malbec for dinner. Any person you ask for recommendations always can definitively tell you were the "best" food-hotel-shopping will be!

About jbaz78


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.