Existing Member?

Thought I saw a Rainbow...

But My Heart Told Me To Go......1..Nov.2002

INDIA | Tuesday, 1 January 2013 | Views [376]

   I stepped off the plane and was engulfed in the stench/smell of Mumbai.The tenative plans I had made on the plane were quickly forgotten and discarded,as I disembarked on a journey to a World I wasn't all that sure I was prepared for.

   I had no friends here,no safety net,just my good luck,which has usually been enough for me over the years.Now I was stepping into a 3rd World country alone.I was a little concerned.Hell,I was Real concerned...

   I started with baby steps.1)Get off the plane.See how hard this one is,when you fly into a strange country,at 11pm.2)Go through Customs,I was asleep when they passed out the paperwork.Which I was informed of as I neared the front of the line.3)Collect luggage and say"Now what the fuck do I do now?".4)Pull my Luck out of my pocket,buy AM ticket to Goa,book hotel for the night,call home and have a cold beer.Well, cold beer by India standards.

   I fly to Goa.house owner's 20ish year old daughter meets me at the airport,with flowers and a smile.30 minutes later,I am sitting in my studio flat enjoying the satisfaction that my luck still works,even in India...Two English folks,not together,offer me many invalueable travel tips,My first day. 

Steve and Bridget were my new and instint friends.They took me to the good restros.They told me what to be afraid of,(the police,the traffic,and the snakes.) they took me into the madness of the city of Margao and show me around,savng me weeks of time,learning on my own.PLUS they insisted I go to the beach by myself the very first day of my arrival By Myself.They wanted me to get my moneys worth,I think.

I found my way to the beach,white sandy beach as far as I could see.And I took my 1st walk on the Goan beaches.Not alot of people around,in many places I had the beach to myself for 80 yards in either direction.

 Then I met Sunita,working at a beach shack as a cook/bartender,her boss ordered her to invite the White Devil,(me)into the beach shack.I refused but went there the next day and the rest is history.

   But seriously,do not think for one second I was not concerned about coming to India.The more I read,the less I wanted to come.The poverty.the terrorists bombs,the Pakis are going to nuke India,the crime,no sanitation,the snakes,the mosquitoes of death.....,

      But a Voice In My Heart told me to come here.A voice in my heart.... for years the voice has told me to come to India.I tried in "86"but I got hurt in London...I have arrived!.Now we shall see what India has for me.What I have for India and what we have for each other

      When I use the word"concerned" I mean"scared" Don't forget that little bit of knowledge....Through my life I have been Very Lucky.And I plan on that luck holding. 

  

About jazzmanblues


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.