Existing Member?

Thought I saw a Rainbow...

Bus Trip In Goa.....

INDIA | Thursday, 11 September 2014 | Views [212]

I was headed up to the Anjuna Flea Market.Yes the World famous Anjuna Flea Market!,,Started out in the 70s as a place where the 1st hippies could sell their "stuff" and stay longer or buy a ticket home..Where ever that was..Now it is huge!!.Nepalis,Kashmiris,folks from all over India bring their unque wears for sale.Hell!..Even the western folks sell crafts here too.Leather goods,hand made jewery,colored glass.I hear you can even buy some pot here too...Me?. I have been here to long..I come for the live music.A Blues band plays here during the day

   I am there just for the music.And there is a special bus to take us on a day trip.Leave from Colva at 8am,back at 5pm.Perfect.I go almost every week.Plus at one of the restros  I get the steamed dumplings too.Bring extra home.This is a day trip.

One trip was pretty special.Everything is fine as we srart back.Then we have a flat tire...Driver tells us nothing.We are all siting on a hot bus,in the sun.92 degrees..Finally,we learn there is a flat tire and driver can't get the spare off,No Jack!...20 minutes,they find jack,take tire off,...spare is Flat too!!!This is India....Me? I have no worries,I quickly assess the situation:worst case:I stay in north Goa for the night.No big deal.But I stick around to see how this all plays out.(I paid for this trip, want my money's worth.)

Half hour,they find a tire,20 minutes later,we are on our way..Yea!..Out of frustration or just plain stupid,the driver punches front wind shield and it shatters!.!.It is getting dark now and we are maybe 1 hour from home.Again,I look at my options.Living here way to long,I know things can get worst and test my patience.I start looking for hotels as we drive along.

This is India..No Problem.The driver just continues to drive the bus.We go through a police checkpoint.No worries.Cops don't care....It gets better boys and girls.....The Lights Go Out!!.!!.!!.Yes,the headlights go out.The bus has No working lights.I have been looking for a place to stay for the last 5 miles.I plan to stay the night...Somewhere...

But,this is India!,!.The Driver Pulls Out A Flashlight to See The Road.!!....Yes,we have no front windshield,no headlights and running at night...What can possibly go wrong....We run into 2 more check points,,They let us drive right through...I continue to look for a good hotel and bar.I doubt we will make it back.

But...This is India..Of course we make it back!!Why in the World would I doubt the completion of our journey!..And I have this wonderful story to tell you............

Tags: on the road to colva

About jazzmanblues


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.