Existing Member?

A beautiful world You are what you think

First time in a new world

USA | Wednesday, 4 June 2014 | Views [441]

Stepping onto the ferry with anticipation, I glanced around at my fellow travelers. I could see couples holding hands, college kids and families all perched onto the front window of the boat with child-like excitement. We all venture out today to an island known as Pimu or 'mountains above the sea' to the indigenous people that once inhabited its 21 miles of land. I too urged forward to catch a view of the island. When the island first came into view, I could only see enormous green mountains dotting the horizon as if only they, were floating on the blue expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Half way into the trip I hear the speakers blaring "Whale! to the right!". My eyes widened in disbelief and I quickly ran to the side. I waited for a minute which felt like an eternity as my eyes roamed the surface searching for any  life-like signs. Suddenly, an incredibly large and beautiful fluke or whale tail came out of the water splashing on its way back down. I then witnessed the whale spouting out water above its head through its blowhole. The sheer grand size of the animal, the living mammal that traveled along its own destination just as we were doing, was such an incredible and heart warming experience. Tears fought to escape my eyes, tears of joy at knowing that life could be this beautiful and this magnificent. 

Tags: california, catalina, first time, island, pacific ocean, whale

About jazsnt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.