Existing Member?

Travelling Asia

5 Things to do in Rayong, Thailand

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 August 2014 | Views [364]

5 Things to do in Rayong

I’ve been ever so busy with going away on my long weekends, ComicCon, midterms and having family visit. But I don’t really have too much to say that you can’t already see on Facebook so… instead I’m going to give you the top 5 things to do/see in Rayong. It’s not a tourist city but there are a few local things to do.

  1. Take a casual stroll through the night market, located beside the massive Tesco Lotus. The market has clothes, remote controls and lots of delicious but strange looking foods.
  2. Have lunch or dinner on the beach. Sitting on a mat with a little table you can feel the breeze, paddle in the water and sit amongst the local Thai people and enjoy a good old soda water.
  3. There is a sweet Vietnamese restaurant that doesn’t sell dog like I’ve heard they do when in Vietnam. My favourite dish is a called ‘Naem neung’ which is beef, rice paper and tamarind sauce.
  4. You can’t go anywhere without seeing a temple and in Rayong the temple Wat Pa Pradu also has a beautiful reclining Buddha. If you want to do as the Thai’s do, you have to slip a donation in the box and do the candle, incense sticks and gold paper rotation.
  5. In the old part there is a place called ‘Rayong Coffee’ on Yom Jinda Road. This hidden gem is a beautiful old wooden Thai house with a good selection of traditional Thai teas, coffees and milk flavours. This street is one of the few remaining in Rayong that still show the old style Thailand.

 

 

 

About jaygotham

Cartwheeling at the Royal Palace

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.