Existing Member?

Travelling Asia

Getting to Asia

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 5 December 2013 | Views [391] | Comments [2]

Last kisses with the loved one and I was off, tears running down my face, with many hours on planes to long forward too. 18 or so hours later I arrived at Phnom Penh, I had to pass through Doha (Qatar) and Ho Chi Minch (Vietnam) before landing in Phnom Penh. I hadn't remembered that when I booked my flight I had requested vegetarian (non-dairy) food so it was a nice surprise when I got my special request food. I have never had such amazing food on an airplane, I usually quite like the food anyway but this was even better, my first meal so something called rajma curry - don't know where or what it is, but it was amazing. On another meal I had a dairy free almond cake, woah- amazing again. Food isn't a problem here, with chefs and half of the house mates veggies the meals have been delicious, sweet and sour veg with rice, tofu and green beans with rice, so much fresh food as fridges are a rare thing here I'm told. Looking forward to see what else rice goes with.

But onto my orientation, so far I've meet the house mates, Aussie's, Kiwi's; American's, a Canadian, a couple of British and a young girl from Singapore. My roomie is an Aussie, she is vegan, and has been here for a week or so, so she knows her way round. This morning we've had a tour around the city in tuktuks, just driving past a few landmarks, stopping off at mall's, a bookstore and the school that we will all be working at. Then this afternoon we've had a little house rules talk and been assigned bikes - mine's B8, it's PINK with a little basket on the front, so I'm going to head out for a ride, and conquer the roads...

Heaps of peace, jay

 

Comments

1

Jay, it sounds like you're already having an amazing and some what incredibly healthy time in Cambodia. Please keep us updated with this journal because I'm already enthralled. Miss you lots and stay safe xx

  Jasmine Dumighan Dec 5, 2013 9:03 PM

2

Do you get to keep your little pink bike?
Strange that you leave me and you start eating healthily, whilst I've had 4 McDonalds... By the time I get my flight over to you I might need to buy multiple seats on the plane...
Love you,
xoxo

  MR E? Dec 8, 2013 5:30 AM

About jaygotham

Cartwheeling at the Royal Palace

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.