Existing Member?

The way I see it

About me

PAKISTAN | Monday, 14 January 2013 | Views [168]

I belong to a small city of the country Pakistan. I am 25 years old and I am completing my post graduate degree in Engineering Management. For many years I have been passionate about capturing moments. My passion for photography began many years ago. I started to capture the essence and spirit of each and every experience I went through. I yearned to keep memories alive, so I started to photograph them for myself, friends and family. This expanded into capturing the magic of a child’s smile. Since then I have been lucky enough to photograph many beautiful smiles and hearts of children belonging to different cultures, who inspire me daily to be creative. With each photograph I capture a moment never to be forgotten for all to see and feel.

I became more involved when I got my first SLR camera.  Quickly thereafter, I started to learn more about photography, and that is when Ifell head-over-heels in love with photography.

My approach to taking pictures is simple; I travel with my eyes wide open in an attempt to photograph something unique and inspiring. I have always felt  like I’m on this endless scavenger hunt, trying to find the most interesting location or structure, whatever it is; and then capturing it and framing it so that people would want to take a second look and say out loud, “Wow, now that is a provocative photo!” 

I believe that a photograph is not taken its made. I don’t photograph things, I photograph my imaginations. Photography to me is to allineate the head, the eyes and the heart. Photography is life to me. It helps remembering those little things, when after long time one has forgotten everything.

I don’t have any favourite photo subject, whenever I see something special I show it to my camera right away. I am fascinated with the many mysterious things this world has to offer. It is through my camera that I attempt to capture this natural and rugged beauty so I can enjoy and share these wonderful places for many years to come. 

At the end of the day, I know my passion for this activity comes from my joy of “being one with nature” and being able to escape the daily worries and annoyances of work and life. It’s even more than that to me.Trampingalong and capturing provides the peace of mind to me by being in God’s beautiful creation, being able to enjoy the abundance of beauty that truly surrounds us . There is just so much for humans to see, experience and absorb. I believe a great photograph can share the experience and a great photo can “tell a thousand words” if taken properly. I suppose this is my immodest goal that I strive to reach each time I pick up my camera and head out the door.

I prove to be a great learner and therefore am always seeking for new opportunities. The Travel Photography Scholorship is no doubt one of those amazing opportunities that will help me learn things that I cannot learn anywhere else. The reason I should be awarded this photography are my love for photography and hunger of doing something creative.

About jawadafridi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.