Existing Member?

Round The World

The First Leg to Toronto

CANADA | Saturday, 8 March 2008 | Views [540] | Comments [1]

Crazy Snow - view from Jenn's Condo

Crazy Snow - view from Jenn's Condo

I'm currently sat in Jenn's parents' Condo in Pickering which is about 30min from the centre of Toronto.  The journey from Poole all went relatively smoothly. Jenn's parents collected us from the airport on Tuesday evening. There was a big storm that night with a lot of new snow.  Most flights were cancelled the next day so it's a good job we didn't come a day later. 
We've mainly just been catching up with Jenn's friends and family.  Unfortunately the tables have turned and I'm now the foreigner with the funny accent that is a source of endless amusement!  

Yesterday (Thursday) we went up to a small Ski resort called Lakeridge for a few hours. It's more hills than mountains round here so nothing on the scale of Banff but still good fun.  The new snow meant the conditions were awesome and it's nice to know that I can still snowboard.  A bit more practice is needed to get back to the level I was in Banff so I'll have to stay clear of those kickers for a few days when I get to NZ.

We're going to be here till Tuesday when we fly to San Fransisco where we'll be for 3 days.  After that it's the 14 and 1/2 hour flight down to Sydney!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1


All looks a bit diffeerant from here. Hope you have got your thermals on.

   Mum Mar 11, 2008 7:12 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.