Existing Member?

Ania & Jason's Adventures

Final Days in Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 3 October 2017 | Views [406]

Yesterday was the last full day of our holiday and so our plan was to go and see some of the sights around and about Kuala Lumpur.

 

As we'd been up early the last few days we had a bit of a lie in and went to a cafe for some proper breakfast before getting the train to the Batu Caves which lie just North of Kuala Lumpur. To get into the main cave involves climbing almost 300 steps which would be a lot at home but even worse in the heat and humidity here. There were also a lot of monkeys hoping to get some food from the tourists! The main cave itself is massive and is the site of a Hindu Shrine. There seemed to be a lot of construction going on though which meant it felt slightly less natural than it could. From a geology point of view the caves were amazing but it was all very touristy which kinda ruined it a bit.

 

On the way back down the steps we could have stopped off to visit the "dark cave" which is home to the worlds rarest spider- the trapdoor spider. A dark cave full of spiders is probably both our worst nightmares rolled into one!

 

Once we made it back into town we decided to try another escape game we'd seen in one of the malls and this one was much better than the first one we'd tried on Thursday. Unfortunately we again didn't manage to escape so we have a 0% escape record in Malaysia.

 

We stopped back at the hotel for a shower before going out for dinner and then we made a visit to the KL Tower which is the 7th highest tower in the world. We were wanting to get a nighttime view of the skyline and a better view of the Petronas Towers. Unfortunately the view was slightly side on so we couldn't get a good photo of the two Petronas Towers but the overall view was still great. I (Jason) somehow managed to walk out onto the overhanging platform with a glass floor- although I didn't look down once as I think I might've passed out if I had!

 

To end the night and to end the last evening of our holiday we went up to a bar on the 57th floor of one of the buildings beside the Petronas Towers where we could get a good view of the towers whilst having a few drinks. It was a nice way to end our last evening.

 

This morning we got up, packed and checked out of the hotel which meant that we had around half a day left in Kuala Lumpur. The plan was to go up the Petronas Towers but unfortunately when we got there all the tickets for today had sold out. It was our own fault as we knew we should've booked them in advance! We weren't too sad though as at least we'd seen the skyline last night. Instead we went to the Science Centre which is located at the bottom of the towers so technically we can still say we've been in the towers (even if not at the top). Actually it worked out quite well as the science centre was really good and interactive- we were also happy to be inside away from the outside heat!

 

Afterwards we made our way back to the hotel to collect our luggage before taking the monorail and train onto the airport where we're currently waiting for our flight.

 

Sadly this means the end of our holiday but I think both of us are looking forward to feeling some chilled Scottish air when we get back.

 

Our flight this evening is at 8:25pm (1:25pm UK time). We get into Doha at around 9pm UK time and then depart again at 11:40 UK time before getting into Edinburgh around 7 o'clock in the morning so we have a fun night ahead of us!

 

Scotland here we come!

Us outside the Petronas Towers

Us outside the Petronas Towers

 

About jasonmarshall22


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.