Existing Member?

Ania & Jason's Adventures

A bad day for Ferrari

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 30 September 2017 | Views [423]

***Caution may contain F1 spoilers***

 

After yesterday's disastrous journey back from the track we decided to get to the track a bit earlier than planned. Of course we then ended up being too early so had another walk around the fan village- I (Jason) had a go at racing the track in the game zone- Eddie Irvine would be proud!

 

At 12 o'clock they had a fan forum session with some of the drivers who arrived on stage to answer some questions. First up were Verstappen and Ricciardo followed by Hamilton and Bottas. As usual Hamilton proclaimed about how great the fans were and how much he loves them (he obviously ignored the boos)! After this came the Williams drivers Massa and Stroll and Ocon from Force India. By this point we were getting scorched in the sun and the sweat was dripping off us but we were assured 2 more drivers in red would be arriving soon. In typical style, the Ferrari's kept us waiting but eventually Vettel and Raikkonen arrived- much to Ania's delight- she even managed to get her second photo of the weekend with Kimi!

 

We then got some lunch before making our way to the stand for 3rd Practice. Today we had to sit in our designated stand but within it we can sit wherever we want. So we tested a few positions to get an idea of where we think the best view of the race would be. 3rd practice was pretty uneventful but it was nice sitting under the roof in the shade- the weather was much brighter today than yesterday so we were boiling!

 

Ania took advantage of the break between 3rd Practice and Qualifying to have a sneaky snooze in the stands whilst I (Jason) went in search of some merchandise. The queues were huge though so I settled on some cold drinks- no slushies this time unfortunately!

 

Eventually it was time for qualifying and by the time it started the stands were packed- although we still had loads of space around us to spread out and enjoy the action. Sadly for Ania Vettel didn't even manage to complete a lap and Kimi wasn't quite able to do enough so we had to settle for a Hamilton pole! We're hoping for rain tomorrow though so hopefully Verstappen can do the Ferrari's a favour and bump into Hamilton this time whilst Vettel makes his way from the back!

 

We're just on the train back from the circuit now and this evening we're meeting up with Ania's friend Imran from University who currently lives just outside Kuala Lumpur.

Stage for the fan forum

Stage for the fan forum

 

About jasonmarshall22


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.