Existing Member?

Rose of Europe

Picnic

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [153] | Scholarship Entry

How could I forget one of the most exciting moment in my life? When I was 18 I have seen a movie which moved me tremendously. Not only the misterius story, but also the magical and wonderful place, which I knew very little about. Place so so far away from my country seemed completely out of my reach. This film was called 'Picnic at the Hanging Rock' - based on a true story have left me with an urge for founding out more about the whole story and the country.
I imagined my self going there or though I knew it might never happen.
Years later when I've arrived to London for my English course I've met interesting and handsome man. This man called Jem is now mine and he comes from the dream land called Australia. Destiny? In April 2013 he took me to Melbourne and we went for a day trip to the outstanding Hanging Rock. This really is beautiful and magical place, even it has become a little bit touristic because of the movie, we were lucky not to see almost anyone around. Should I believe that dreams may come true even if they seem unreal in the first place? Traweling is on of the most wonderful ways to experience life and learn about people but also about your self. It opens minds to a different level and teaches us so many things about life. Oww, I almost forgot. He did ask me to marry him there, and guess what I said?

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About jasminoides


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.