Existing Member?

No wuckas

27-30th August 2008 - Flight(s) to Australia

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 3 September 2008 | Views [332] | Comments [6]

We took a plane from Barcelona to London at 11.30am and spent the day there until we caught the plane to Singapore in the evening at 10pm. We were quite lucky and got to fly with the new Airbus A380, which is the biggest plane around (capable of carrying up to 800 passengers). Hugo was very good and slept more than half of the time (13 hours), and played with his cars the rest of the time.

We arrived in Singapore in the afternoon of the 28th, checked in the luggage we did not need and went straight to our little boutique hotel (The Link). Checked in, we went for a meal at the nearby cafe and were amazed at the quality of the food. Sooo delicious! Straight back to the hotel for a long night's sleep (we were allowed to do a late check-out, i.e. 3pm!) and got up really refreshed. Went to town to have some more delicious food and kill the time until our flight at 11.45pm.

This time, our plane was a Jumbo Jet, so still big but not as big as the A380. Despite that, the bulkhead seat's foot space was wider than the previous plane, so we were very confy the whole flight (7 hours). Got into Melbourne and after passing customs (queue went on forever but we were OK once we got to the officer, who let us pass "no worries"), we were picked up by our friend Helen and headed to her place.

To be continued...

Comments

1

Hola!!

Me alegro que hayais llegado bien a OZ, no te puedo expresar la envidia que tengo. Cogeria el primer avión hacia allí! :-)

Qué bueno es Hugo, no? Yo tb tuve suerte con unos niños que tuve al lado en el Sydney-Bankok. No dieron nada de lata.

Disfrutad muchisimo, empieza la aventura!!

Un besote para los 3,
Susana

PD: No me pienso perder ni un capítulo de tu blog!!

  Susana Sep 4, 2008 6:21 PM

2

G´day lucky guys!
A380 heading off to Australia - what do you want more (ok a vegemite sandwich and a VB would be good). Take care and enjoy your trip.

Cheers,
christoph & sibylle

  Christoph & Sibylle Sep 5, 2008 4:01 AM

3

How´s going Mate´s!?! We wish you all a good time in down under - a lot of Outback, dirt tracks, good food, some beer and everything you like. See yah! martin & angelika

  Martin & Angelika Sep 7, 2008 8:14 PM

4

No flies on Sabrina!
You have fast tracked out of Melbourne and I am going to miss you terribly, don't forget to keep up the "Neenies" with Hugo, I will be able to tell if you haven't been putting in a good effort. Enjoy your stay in Ballarat, looking forward to the next update of "Wucka's"
jacd x

  janine Sep 9, 2008 5:13 PM

5

Hellooo,
how is it going? Where are you now???
Marthaxx

  Martha Oct 23, 2008 4:53 AM

6

Hola hijos!(+HUGO)
Hace ya algunos dias que no tenemos noticias vuestras será por la posible falta de cobertura, (nevertheless, no news=good news). Desde la última vez 26.9.08 que entramos en vuestro blog no hemos sabido encontrar ni fotos ni comentarios nuevos, supongo que no hay internet en ciertos lugares por los que viajais.
Muchos besos a los tres de Mami y Papi

  toni magrane Nov 5, 2008 2:44 AM

About jaquita


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.