Existing Member?

NEPAL 2010

One day to go

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 28 October 2010 | Views [301]

I'm now officially well beyond excited, which for a 44yr old bloke is a buzz I'd long forgotten as something associated with end of term, first hols sans parents, first car, first proper relationship, first home of your own and child birth (not me personally of course!) etc etc.   My life has obviously been missing something for the last 16yrs and it feels so good to get it back.  

I'm finding the anticipation of travel is a real curious mix, of wonder, trepidation, anxiety, but most of all its the chance to free yourself of the mundane crap that's everyday 21st century existence. Also I have the chance as much as anyone can these days,to really take direct control of your life, or simply go with a diferent flow to the 9 till 5 hamster wheel.

Having chosen to travel alone, even in the preparaion I'm relishing in the fact I really have no one else to worry about, or blame when things go awry, and I alone can choose take the time to soak 'it' all in, or move on as the mood takes me.

The adventure starts Friday 29th 2010 22.35pm out of Heathrow :o)

Jamie

Tags: himalaya, trekking

About japo2266


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.