Existing Member?

Taking care of business

DAY 8

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 12 April 2009 | Views [244]

Started up the oodnaddata track and stayed at a place called william creek !! now this place has the most flies on earth how the hell anybody can live here is beyond us and has our vote for the nominated place for a nuclear testing site!!with a population of 12 i can see why! Has a great pub with stacks of memoribilia from people passing through the years. so far since we have been on the track we have seen 3 breakdowns 1 collapsed shock absorber 2 with tyre punctures, good job the troopy is going good and just rips up the dirt tracks with me desert dueler tyres !!

Stopped off at marree to drop in for a G&T with vice admiral of the lake eyre yacht club, had a chat but conditions were not favourable for sailing today!! as the water from Queensland has only started to enter the lake!! which had the storms 6 weeks plus ago!! met a couple from queensland who mentioned that they had only just seen the pelicans leaving from Brisbane a week ago so i can only believe that the lake is starting to fill up, by the way guy's from the UK this may only happen once every 10 years or so.    the salt plains were awesome and seeing is believing.

Sorry craig no photo and the flight over was a bit pricey ( coober pedy coming jackie, opal, dogs life and all that you understand ) 

It is only in the last couple of days that we have had to use up the spare fuel that we carry to get to the next town, were going good with no problems so far, got to coober pedy today and there are no flies!! i am not surprised as it is the first day of winter here and it was 38 degrees in the shade!!! all the flies must have buggered off to william creek!!! you can see why half of the population live underground!!!! we hope to be up to ayres rock in a couple of days chat soon.

chow luvies xxxxxxx

P.S.

Jac got her opal, made her dig for hours !! not!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.