Existing Member?

Caribbean Nomad One Caribbean woman´s dream of travelling the world having deeply connected human and spiritual relationships

In the Beginning

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO | Thursday, 20 September 2012 | Views [380]

I have decided to really live life on point and purpose. I am the mother of two young boys ages three and seven months and of late I have been feeling really stuck. I ant to live more spontaneously,and more in tune with my mind, body, and spirit. I am learning to be more of a free thinker, and to have deeply connected human and spiritual relationships. I have a dream to develop the number one indigenous, authentic brand of Caribbean Specialty foods. I am hopping that this allows me to travel the world promoting the Caribbean, finding new cultures, experiences, foods, and living life with greater passion. Since I am unable to travel abroad everyday I have made a commitment to travel to a new place in my country once a week having a very unique experience.

Today, I began and after leaving my 3 year old at pre school I headed off to the beach with my seven month old. What a great two hours, we swam together, slept a bit on the sand, ate some fried shark. While eating lunch we met up with a fisherman from the village who had more stories than one can imagine. I laughed out loud and totally disconnected from the routine that has become my life. After lunch I gave a woman a drop to her home in the Village and she promised me that anytime I was in the area to stop by her home and collect green plantains, or whatever produce was in season. Today I truly felt that I was able to have a deep connection with ordinary people, doing extra ordinary things. In love and Light I begin the new journey.

Tags: beach, caribbean, friends, warmth

 

About jamila


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Trinidad & Tobago

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.