Existing Member?

James Post

14 places to eat and drink in Hull

PORTUGAL | Saturday, 26 October 2013 | Views [647]

Take a break after a long day’s sightseeing in Hull, Yorkshire with a well-deserved bite to eat or a drink in one of Hull’s many pubs or bars. Hull has a wide range of eating and drinking spots so you’re sure to find something to suit your taste, whether you are in Hull for the weekend or for a longer stay. Here are 14 ideas for restaurants, coffee shops, food stores, and bars in Hull.

 

Hulltrains transport you to the best of Hull’s restaurants

Fine Dining

1: The Two Rivers Restaurant is located in The Deep, Hull’s innovative and impressive aquarium complex. If you’re looking for a unique dining experience, pay Two Rivers a visit.

2: Cerutti's, located on Nelson Street in Hull, specializes in seafood and is suitable for all the family to eat an evening meal or a snack lunch.

3: 1884 Dock Street Kitchen is set on Hull’s marina, serving comfort food and modern classics from its classy surroundings. 1884 Dock Street Kitchen serves local produce and a range of meals for all the family.

Local Produce and Food Stores

4: Madisons on Newland Avenue in Hull is a Mediterranean deli store selling local foods from the area as well as Spanish, Italian, and Greek delicacies. Pick up the ingredients for a picnic or browse the shelves for a food gift.

5: Rio's Deli. Also located on Newland Avenue, Rio’s Deli serves a variety of pastries and salads as well as homemade local specialities.

6: Arthur Street Trading Co, on Arthur Street, is a worker’s cooperative that makes and supplies organic vegetable and fruit boxes, as well as selling organic fruit and veg.

7: Check out the traditional sweets at Sugar Sugar Retro Sweet Shop on Newland Avenue. Look out for retro sweets, American candy, and gift boxes.

Hull Restaurants

8: Hitchcock's Vegetarian Restaurant is on Bishop Lane and offers a selection of vegetarian food with a difference. The website says you are likely to experience something akin to a “surrealist mystery tour”. So if you like your meals to be interesting, give it a try.

9: Old Custom House. This family-run restaurant is in Hull’s Old Town and specialises in Italian food, fresh fish, and shellfish.

10: Jack & Danny's is a casual restaurant for the family providing an unlimited salad bar, traditional food, cocktails, wines and beers.

11: Lantern Restaurant in Whitefrigate is a friendly restaurant serving an a la carte menu plus continental foods and drinks, including a mixed grill.

12: Zoo Vegetarian Café serves vegetarian specialities in a small restaurant with a secluded courtyard seating area.

13: Antico Forno specializes in Italian food and serves pasta, pizza, and seafood dishes from its location in Cottingham Road.

14: If you’re looking for Indian food, try Swadh South Indian Restaurant, a restaurant serving South Indian foods from Kerala.

Hulltrains take you direct to Hull from a number of cities across the country. Travel by train into the heart of Hull to be close to all the shopping, museums, galleries, attractions, restaurants and bars which Hull has to offer. 

Tags: hull restaurants

About jamesllee


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.